Last week the American business magazine Forbes published the ranking of the 100 most valuable brands in the world. The absolute leader is the technology company Apple.
No fashion brand made it on the top ten list, but the French luxury brand Louis Vuitton was ranked on 14th place of the most valuable brands.That means the label is number one in the fashion sector – with a value of 24, 5 billion euros.
Nonetheless the sportswear label Nike was ranked 18th on the Forbes list with a net worth of 22.9 billion euros.
Zara is ranked after Louis Vuitton
According to the Forbes list, Amancio Ortega is the wealthiest fashion entrepreneur on this planet with a net worth of 57.5 billion euros. However, Zara was ranked only on 3rd place only of the most valuable fashion companies.
Ranked on 2nd place of the richest fashion entrepreneurs wasLVMH chairman Bernard Arnault with a fortune of 33.2 billion euros.
Adidas is more valuable than Chanel
There are also influential fashion brands in Germany. For example german sportswear label Adidas is ranked on number 83. Therefore it is ranked even higher than the French luxury label Chanel (85th place).
Although both fashion companies have a value of 5.9 billion euros, the annual sales of Adidas, whose estimated value is 13 billion euros, lie far beyond the annual sales of Chanel which adds up to 4.7 billion euros.
The most valuable fashion brands in the world according to Forbes’sranking in an overview:
1. Louis Vuitton (14th place), 24.5 billion euros
2. Nike (18th place) with a value equivalent to 22.9 billion euros
3. Wal Mart (20th place) with a value equivalent to 21.5 billion euros
4. H & M (33th place) with a value equivalent to 13.3 billion euros
5. Gucci (42th place) with a value equivalent to 10.8 billion euros
6. Hermès (51th place) with a value equivalent to 9.2 billion euros
7. Zara (58th place) with a value equivalent to 8.2 billion euros
8. Coach (63th place) with a value equivalent to 7.5 billion euros
9. Prada (74th place) with a value equivalent to 6.3 billion euros
10. Adidas (83th place) with a value equivalent to 5.9 billion euros
11. Chanel (85th place) with a value equivalent to 5.9 billion euros
12 Ralph Lauren (89th place) with a value equivalent to 5.7 billion euros
Photo: ©Louis Vuitton